Sunday, February 05, 2006

uh-oh

You know it's time to change your picture when your 7 year old cousin asks his grandfather to send you an e-mail wanting to know what you were drinking on the photo... beer or coke? ahem... It's bad enough that the kid was born with a predisposition, being French and all, but if on top of it he sees his older cousin with a can for a face, and Budweiser to that! forget it, I don't want to be hunted with remorse. If it had been a Stella it would be a different story.
It isn't the first comment I have had about that picture, which I happen to think is pretty good, there have been a few, namely from a friend who is under the impression that it's not really me. I don't want to disappoint her, but yeah, it's me. She mentioned that I should change it to one with my gardening hat on my head and a glass of wine in my hand. Now try and picture it. My gardening hat is a Jamaican straw hat, multicolored as you well imagined, that flaps as I walk. It has no shape and falls in a very awkward angle on my right eye. Charming hat. I look very silly with it but it serves its purpose.
And so by my friend's comment I can safely assume that she sees me as a completely ridiculous lush. Now that's an image I want my cousin to have of me... so we stick to a nice (and safe) picture, and don't tell the kid what I was having.

No comments: