Tuesday, November 07, 2006

November 7

This day will go down in the annals of memory as one of the most brutal days I've had so far.
Up at 4:45 AM, at the voting poll by 5:30 AM; one hour break at 1:00 PM and finished by 9:00 PM... outdoors and looking up people's addresses so as to tell them where they were voting (yeah, I wasn't a translator after all). I was the one saying "Hi, welcome" and "Goodbye and thanks for voting", or "no sorry you have to go [yet] somewhere else". More on that in a later post.
I am cold, I am tired, but still must say... what a day.
I'll write about it tomorrow, after I've thawed and regained some kind of brain function.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm very proud of you for being one of those Poll workers slaving away at a polling station this year.
I'm also curious about your experience as a poll worker let us know how it was.

Big Hugs Kiss and Flames From your "Friend"

Anon