Tuesday, January 31, 2006

What a day!

Today my day started at 6:15 AM. Yes, I actually woke up at that godforsaken hour. It was dark, still night I should say, and no birds were chirping. So now on Tuesdays I have to wake up early so that I can be at work at 8:00 and leave at 4:00 so as to attend a class that starts at 4:30 and ends at 7:00. Today wasn't too bad though, considering that it was the first day trying to keep up with that schedule. And so I got to work really early and gave more than one person a heart attack because they thought that something was wrong. Even the lady I buy coffee from asked if the sky had fallen on my head... literally. My day at work was fruitful but with moments of extreme sleepiness, at least this time I had a good excuse, and not my usual 'I'm a Mediterranean and need a nap' at 3:00.
At 4:00 I ran to school to attend the first class that will lay out the rest of my career, an introductory class for a masters in bilingual education. I'm excited, this is it, this is what I want to do! And so I get home at around 8:30 PM feeling like this was probably the most important day in my life, and what do I see? the State of the Union: the president's annual (how close to another word I so want to use here) public address. My brain has suddenly gone into a comatose state. So much greatness pumped into my head throughout the day and then this. I can't even think let alone write.The only hope to somewhat save what is left of the evening: An interview with Senator Barack Obama... must log out and see what he has to say.

Update: nope, not even that saved it. But I did sleep very well mind you...

No comments: