Sunday, July 01, 2007

No reptillian weekend here

I'm not a reptile. What do I mean by that? I mean that I don't need to lay in the sun in order to warm my blood and so I don't.
Contrary to what appearances may show, I'm not one of those that spends her time laying in the sun, putting on lotion, with a timer in her hand so as to know when to flip around and doing nothing of her weekend but concentrate on tanning lines. Not so. I am lucky to have a pool available but incapable of spending time laying by it, even with a good book in my hands. I tried, really, once so far. It lasted about 1/2 hour (not counting the time when I was actually IN the pool, that I can deal with). The only reason why I attempted to go against my nature was precisely those damn lines, or more like patches in my case.
You see, we are also lucky to have a garden in the building, and that's what Mr. N and I do during our weekends, we garden. The result is that Mr. N looks like he has a white t-shirt on even when he takes it off, and me, being the smart girl that I am, have tank-top marks. It looks like I'm all over tanned, but no. If I wear a skirt (which we now know I don't) or capris, you will see a definite difference between my back and my legs; it's like two different entities walking as one. It is a bit weird and so I thought I could try and even it out. 1/2 hour did not do it, nor do I care.
And here is the reason why, I much rather be here, than doing nothing but hear brats frolicking in the water...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yes you are a reptile (not in the mean sense of the word) you love the warm weather and sitting out there and tanning so who are you kidding
as for the tan lines talk to my sister she could help with that problem

also isn't gardening for old folks ?

Unknown said...

Nath, darlin', while some in the world may consider tanning "doing something", you, and I for that matter, are not among those who embrace that oxymoronical, passive kind of action. You go garden, girl! You are, wherever your tan lines may lie, always a vision of joy and loveliness. Bises, k.