Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Too much?

Yesterday the professor told me in front of everyone in the class that I am extremely analytical. I didn't quite know how to take it and so I waited until the end of class to ask her if that was such a bad thing. Her answer was that no, that it meant that I was really thinking about the subject.
But it got me thinking, and doubting of course, whether I sometimes push too far. I am well aware of the fact that I tend to look for what is not said, what is not implied and what sometimes is not even thought of. I often want to go beyond what is obvious and look deeper into things.
I've been known to dig in so deep that whatever I was digging for is no longer an issue. It sometimes has come to point of annoyance, an although I have that little voice on my shoulder telling me to stop I don't know how to.
I question everything, absolutely everything. But, shouldn't there be a point of just accepting things for what they are?
What marks the difference between a quizzical mind and a provocateur?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

to think or not to think that is a question
weather it is nobler to sling words or accept that a cigar is just a cigar
is it better to oppose the statement or to realize the true behind it
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks of the truth
The insolence of office, and the spurns
That patient merit of th'unworthy takes

Whodat-tisme said...

Thus conscience does make cowards of us all?

Anonymous said...

The lady doth protests too much, methinks.

Luv Kettle