Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Skee Ball?

I was reading Medusa's blog and realized that many of us have our 80's guilty pleasures. I am relishing one of them right now: I am listening to Abba. My husband has sought shelter in the extra bedroom and closed the door. Granted he didn't say a thing, but the self-imprisonment talks louder than words. Meanwhile "voulez-vous" is blasting in the living-room while I make a tortilla so as to use the last of the potatoes and onions before we go away, all the while twirling around... Do I really like that group? I don't even know but it brings back memories of being young and full of energy, therefore it feels good.
Yeah the 80's!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read an article where they call the feeling "not quite nostalgia," since if you heard that song for the first time now, you'd think it was crap. But because it's all about being 13, "Pour Some Sugar On Me" feels awesome.

Anonymous said...

One of my professors lectured on kitsch pop culture and said Abba's popularity showed how bad music can be ironically enjoyed/mocked because of "The Adventures of Priscilla."